Bibi Fatima Zehra sa
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Bibi Fatima Zehra S.A
|Fatima (salam ullah Alaiha – s.a.)|
|Holy Prophet Muhammad Ibn-e-Abdulla (pbuh&hf)|
|Bibi Khadija bint-e-Khuwailid(a.s.)|
|In Makkah Friday 20th of Jamadi-ul-Akhar|
|13th Jamadi-ul-Awwal or 3rd Jamadi-ul-Akhir 11 Hijrah at Medina at the age of 18 years (due to injury inflicted upon her through force of a falling door by a hypocrite)|
|The cemetery of Jannatul Baqi or in the Masjid-un-Nabi at Medina|
Fatima(s.a.) The Radiant
Imam Hasan Askari(a.s.) reported that his father quoted Jabir Ibn Abdullah as saying : ‘ The Messenger of Allah, Peace be Upon him and his cleansed progeny, said : ‘ When Allah created Adam and Eve, they strutted through paradise and said : ‘ Who are better than we ? ‘ At that moment they noticed an image of a girl like they had never seen before; from this girl came an illuminating light so bright that it almost blinded the eyes.
Lisan Al Mizan Volume 3 page 346
Ibn Abbas said : ‘ Aisha entered the house while the Messenegr of Allah was kissing Fatima(s.a.), so she said: ‘ Do you love her, O Messenger of Allah? ‘
He replied : ‘ Indeed, by Allah if you knew the extent of my love for her, your love would increase for her. When I was in the forth heaven … that I found these dates softer than butter, more pleasent than musk and sweeter than honey. So when I descended to earth, I came unto Khadija and she bore Fatima. Thus Fatima is a human huri, whenever I long for paradise I smell her.
Hazrat Fatima Zahra’s(s.a.) other names:
Az-Zahra: She was named by Allah(swt), as Az-Zahra because her Holy Light used to shine among those brighter in all The Heavens.
Batool: Because of her absolute Purity attained from Paradise from The Heavens. And also because, The Lady Fatimah Al-Zahra, not like all the other women in the world, she had been blessed of not having the monthly menstrual period. This purity of hers was created by Allah The Almighty with the Purity of the Heavenly food and water her Holy Father had received, when he was alone on the mountain top indulging himself in prayer in the worship of God, for forty days and nights.
Siddiqah: The Honest, The Righteous
Al-Mubarakah: The Blessed One
Al-Tahirah: The Virtuous, The Pure
Al-Zakiyah: The Chaste, The Unblemished
Al-Radhiatul Mardhiah: She who is gratified and who shall be satisfied
Al-Muhaddathah: A person other than a Prophet, that the angel’s speak too
Al-Zahirah: The Luminous
The Leader of all Women in Paradise
Like her Holy Infallible Father(pbuh&hf), she possessed all the intellectual abilities and achievements. Many verses of The Holy Koran were revealed in her praise and about her spiritual credits. The Holy Prophet of Islam(pbuh&hf) had given her several honorable titles among which one is:
The Holy Prophet her Father(pbuh&hf) loved her very much Whenever she would go to the house of her father The Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) would stand up out of respect to her. Whenever he greeted her, and he would honour her by giving her a special place to seat herself in his house. Very often Her Father(pbuh&hf) would softly kiss her hands and say, “Allah, The Most High; is pleased when Fatimah(a.s.) is pleased. He is angered; whenever Fatimah is angered!”
The Fatimah Al-Zahra(s.a.) Pleads Her Case
After all else failing, the holy Lady Fatimah Al-Zahra(s.a.), in her desperation and frustration, causes a great controversy among all the Muslims. By personally going to her Father’s Mosque of Al-Madinah, after prayers had ended, to publicly expose and demand the immeadiate return of her rightful inheritance from Abu Bakr and his supporters, who had ordered it confiscated.
The Fatimah Al-Zahra(s.a.) had now exhaused all possible avenues in her pursuit to reclaim her rightful inheritance to the Fadak, given to her by her Father The Holy Prophet Mohammad Al-Mustafa(pbuh&hf). But sadly her pleas fell on deaf ears. For this reason, and on the grounds of proving that she has been oppressed by those who professed righteousness under false pretences of faith and piety. At a very last resort the holy Lady Fatimah Al-Zahra(s.a.), daringly went to her Father’s Mosque, to face her adversaries and delivered to them the most eloquent of words in her defense, which left the assembly speechless. She chose to proceed to the Mosque at a time when it was crammed with people, in order that her words reached the ears of all the people, who were somewhat accessories after the fact due to their silent approval of the events that occurred after the Holy Prophet’s demise. She addressed the assembly in a speech that was both harmonious and systematic. It was an impeccable speech in that it contained no minced words, and was free of equivocation, distortion and slander. Lady Fatimah Al-Zahra(s.a.) used the occasion to firstly acquaint the people with Allah, The Most Exalted, and to disclose the merits of the Islamic religion and to clarify the cause and effect of the Islamic Laws. With this introduction she succeeded in securing the full attention of the assembly and created an appropriate atmosphere in which she could deliver her final statement which contained the underlying intentions and reasons that forced her to leave her house and proceed to the Mosque. And the reasons which warranted her leaving her house were, of course, the misappropriation by the so-called then self appointed caliph Abu Bakr of: The Fadak which was legally hers.
Hadrat Fatima Zahra(s.a.) said:
One day, my dear Father, The Holy Prophet of Allah, came to my house and said to me “Peace be upon you, O Fatima,” To which I replied: “And upon you be peace.” He said “I feel some weakness in my body.” I said “May Allah protect you from your weakness, O my Father.” He said, ” 0 Fatima, please bring me, the Vestment of Yemen and cover me with it.” So, I brought my Father, the Vestment of Yemen and covered him with it. Then I looked at him and saw that his face was shining with the glow of a full white moon, and with the moon’s full glory and splendour. After a while my son Hasan(a.s.) came in and said “Peace be upon you, my mother.” I replied: “And upon you be peace, O, the light of my eyes and the happiness of my heart.” He then said: “Mother! I smell a fragrance so sweet and pure, as that of my Grandfather, The Prophet of Allah.” I replied: “Yes. Indeed your Grandfather is sitting underneath that Vestment.” Hasan went near to the Vestment and said: “Peace be upon you my Grandfather, The Prophet of Allah. Will you permit me to enter the Vestment with you?.” He replied: “And upon you be peace, my son and the master of my fountain, I grant you permission to enter under the Vestment with me.” So Hasan entered and sat under the Vestment with my Father. After a while my son Husain(a.s.) came in and said “Peace be upon you, my mother.” I replied: “And upon you be peace, O, the light of my eyes and happiness of my heart.” He then said: “Mother I smell a fragrance so sweet and pure as that of my Grandfather, The Prophet of Allah.” I replied, “Yes. Indeed your Grandfather and your brother are both sitting covered underneath that Vestment.” Hussain approached the Vestment and said: “Peace be on you, O my Grandfather, The Chosen of Allah, do you allow me to enter the Vestment with both of you.” He replied: “And upon you be peace, my son and intercessor of my followers, I so grant you permission.” So Hussain entered and sat under the Vestment with them. After a while Abul Hasan(a.s.), came in and said “Peace be on you, O daughter of The Prophet of Allah.” I replied: “And upon you be peace, O Abul Hasan, the Commander of the Faithfulls.” He then said: “O Fatima I smell a sweet fragrance and so pure which is like of my Brother and my Cousin, The Holy Prophet of Allah.” I replied: “Yes. He is sitting covered underneath that Vestment with both of your sons.” Ali(a.s.) then went near to the Vestment and said: “Peace be upon you, O Prophet of Allah; May I enter the Vestment with You?” He replied: “And upon you be peace, my brother, my legatee, my successor and my standard bearer; I give you permission to enter.” So Ali(a.s.) entered under the Vestment with them. Then I myself approached the group sitting underneath the Vestment and requested. “Peace be onto you, my Father, O Prophet of Allah; do you permit me also to enter.” He replied: “And upon you be peace, my daughter, O part of myself, I give you permission to enter.” So I myself entered and sat under the Vestment with them all. When all of us had gathered together covered over and sitting underneath the holy Vestment, my Father, took hold of the two ends of the Vestment and raised his right hand in Prayer towards The Heavens saying, “Allah, these are The People of my Ahlul-Bayt and very specially my Own and my Protectors. They are of my own flesh and of my own blood. Whoever gives them trouble, gives me trouble too; whoever makes them unhappy, makes me unhappy too, I am at war with those who are at war with them, I am at peace with those who are at peace with them. I am the enemy of those who are at enemy with them; I am the friend of those who befriend them. Indeed they are from me, and I am from them. Therefore, send Thy blessings, mercy, forgiveness, and pleasure upon me and upon them. Remove all blemish from them and keep away all kinds of impurity from them.” Then Allah The Majestic and The Glorified, spoke to His Angels
Then The Archangel Jibrael, the Trusted One, asked Allah. “O Lord, who are these sitting covered under the Vestment?”
Allah, The Majestic, The Glorified, answered, The Archangel Jibrael then requested, “O Lord, may I go down, and be the Sixth of Them?”
Allah replied The Archangel Jibrael Al-Ameen, decended down to the Earth and said, “Peace be upon you, O Prophet of Allah. The All Highest conveys His peace on you and His salutation, and He has sworn by His Honour and Glory that He has not created, but the erected Sky, the spread Earth, the illuminated Moon, the bright Sun, the rotating Universe, the flowing Seas, and the sailing Ships but for your sake and your love. God has given me permission to enter and sit with all of you underneath the Vestment.. Do you also grant me that permission, O Prophet of Allah?” The Prophet replied, “And upon you be peace, O thou who art the Trusted with The Revelations of Allah; yes I grant you permission to enter.” So The Archangel Jibrael entered and sat beneath the Vestment with us all, and said to my Father that indeed Allah has sent this revelation to you;
“Verily Allah desires to keep away all blemish from you, O Ahlul-Bayt, and to purify you with a perfect purification.”
Then Ali(a.s.) asked my father, “O Prophet of Allah what significance does Allah attach to this Event of our sitting gathered together underneath this Vestment?” The Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) replied, “I swear by Him who appointed me a Prophet and chose me a confident Messenger, that no assembly, wherever this Event is narrated by our followers and devotees, shall remain without the Mercy of Allah decending on them, and encircling Angels as king Allah for the remission of their sins till the assembly has dispersed.” Ali(a.s.) then exclaimed, “I swear by Allah the Lord of The Kaba, that we have all succeeded and our all followers have succeded too.” Again The Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) said, “I swear by Him who appointed me a Prophet and chose me a confident Messenger that in any of the assemblies on the Earth, in which our followers and friends have gathered, wherever this Event is narrated there shall remain none grieved, but Allah will remove his grief ; there shall be none distressed, but Allah will dispell his distress, and there shall be none who seeks a wish, but Allah will grant his wish.” Ali(a.s.) then said, “Verily, by Allah, We have succeeded and become happy so also all our followers have succeeded and become happy in this world as well as in the next world by the Lord of The Kaba. O Allah, send Thy Blessings on to Muhammad(pbuh&hf) and The Descendents of Muhammad(pbuh&hf).”
Below are the wives of The Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf), who have also recalled this Sacred and very special Event.
· Umm Salamah
One day the Holy Lady Fatimah Al-Zahra(s.a.) was shown by her Father, The Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf), a very special kind of Prayer. That he himself was shown earlier by The Trusted Archangel Jibrael(a.s.).
This special After-Prayer is to be said after each time, any Prayer of Worship is concluded.
The Holy Lady(s.a.) in turn began to teach the short Prayer to so many others. That in the very short time, it became to be known as the ‘Prayer of Fatimah Al-Zahra(s.a.).
Take any kind of Prayer Bead string, such as shown on the image below. The Prayer String should have a total of 99 beads, with two dividers and ahead called the Sheikh.
The Prayer Bead is taken by the left hand and with the index finger and tumb of the right hand draws each bead seperately one by one and saying the words as described below.
For first set of 33 beads plus counting the first divider. Hence totalling in all 34 beads. For each bead passed say the clearly the words to yourself: ALLAHO AKBAR For each of the 34 beads seperately. For the next second set of 33 beads. For each bead passed say the clearly the words to yourself: AL-HAMDU LE ALLAH For each of the 33 beads seperately. For the third set of 33 beads For each bead passed say the clearly the words to yourself: SUBHANA LE ALLAH For each of the 33 beads seperately.
Totalling 100 beads
That concludes the Prayer of the Holy Infallible Lady of all women, in all of the worlds and in all of the Seven Heavens, The Lady Fatimah Al-Zahra(s.a.)
Most or if not all of the Mujtahideen express a great Mustahab (preferable) as near to as Wajib (compulsory) to say this Prayer after any Prayer of Worship is concluded.
Many Muslims carry with them at all times the Prayer Bead String so that they can recite this prayer numerously at any time of the day and night. Especially at times when one has nothing to do such as waiting or sitting around lazily.
So think about it! What better way of filling your spare and idle time than to quietly recite this small Prayer to yourself in the rememberance and in thankfulness of Allah your Creator and Master. And in return Allah will reward His untold Thawaab and A’jar(reward)!
Thus it is good to always recite, in One’s idle times. For it keeps the mind away from straying into troubled terrain. But to keep it travelling on the true and right track of good and steer away from evil with its untold mischievoius wicked thoughts and ideas etc.
Her Sacred Life
The most predominant view in the traditions transmitted by our traditionists is that Fatimah az-Zahra(s.a.) was born in Mecca, on the twentieth of Jumada ‘l-Akhir, in the fifth year of the Prophet’s apostolic career. It is also asserted that when the Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) died, Fatimah(a.s.) was eighteen years and seven months old.
The scholar Abu Said al-Hafiz relates in his book Sharafu’n-Nabiyy that all the children of the Messenger of Allah were born before Islam except Fatimah and Ibrahim, who were born in Islam.
It is reported that the sixth Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq(a.s.) said:
“Fatimah(a.s.) has nine names with Allah. They are: Fatimah, as-Siddiqah (the Righteous), al-Mubarakah (the Blessed), at-Tahirah (the Pure), az-Zakiyyah (the Unblemished), arRadiyah (the one content with Allah’s pleasure), al-Mardiyyah (the one pleasing to Allah), al-Muhaddathah (the one spoken to by angels) and az-Zahirah (the Luminous). In the Musnad (collection of transmitted hadiths) of the eighth Imam Reza(a.s.), it is reported that the Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) declared: “I named my daughter Fatimah because Allah weaned her.
The Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) also called her al-Batul (pure virgin), and said to `A’ishah: “O Humayra’ (a redish white, a well-known epithet of `A’ishah), Fatimah is not like the women of human kind, nor does she suffer the illness you (women) suffer! ” This is explained in another prophetic tradition which asserts that she never menstruated. It is likewise reported by Sunni traditionists on the authority of Anas ibn Malik, who heard Umm Salim, the wife of Abu Talhah al-Ansari, say: “Fatimah never experienced the blood of menstruation or parturition, for she was created from the waters of Paradise.” This is because when the Messenger of Allah was transported to heaven, he entered Paradise, where he ate of its fruits and drank its water.
Proofs Of Her `Ismah (Sinlessness), Some Of The Signs Proving Her Status With Allah, And Traditions Indicating Her Excellence And Exalted Status
One of the most incontrovertible proofs of Fatimah’s sinlessness is Allah’s saying: Surely Allah wishes to keep away all abomination from you, O People of the House, and purify you with a great purification [our. 33 : 33 ] . The argument in favour of this, is that the Muslim community has unanimously agreed that the `People of the House’ (i.e., Ahlu’l-Bayt), intended in this verse are the People of the Household of the Messenger of Allah. Traditions (ahadith) of both the Shi`i and Sunni communities have asserted that this verse particularly refers to ‘Ali(a.s.), Fatimah(a.s.), Hasan(a.s.) and Husayn(a.s.) The Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf), moreover, spread over them all one day a Khaybarite mantle and prayed: “O Allah, these are the People of my Household, keep away all abomination from them and purify them with a great purification!” Umm Salamah said: “I too, O Apostle of Allah, am of the People of your House!” He answered: “Your lot shall be good!”
The Divine Will expressed in this verse must by necessity be either an abstract will not implemented by an action, or a will accompanied by an action. The first option is untenable because it implies no particular applicability to the People of the Prophet’s House; such a will is shared by all obligated (mukallafin) human beings. Nor is abstract will by itself cause for praise. The entire community has concurred on the view that this verse proclaims the excellence of the People of the Prophet’s House over all others, and that the verse refers to them alone. Thus the second option (that the Divine Will referred to in the verse is a will accompanied by action) is true, and in it is clear proof of the sinlessness of those who were intended in the verse. It implies further that it is impossible for them to commit any evil action. Moreover, any others whom we have not named here are no doubt not held by general consensus as possessing `ismah (protection from error). Thus since the verse necessarily implies sinlessness it must apply to them (the People of the Prophet’s House), because it pertains to no other individuals.
The Holy Prophet of Islam(pbuh&hf) said:”Fatimah(a.s.) is part of me”
Another proof of Fatimah’s sinlessness is the Holy Prophet’s saying concerning her: “Fatimah(s.a.) is part of me. Whatever causes her hurt, hurts me.” He also said: “Whoever hurts Fatimah(s.a.), hurts me, and whoever hurts me, hurts Allah(swt), exalted be His Majesty! ” The Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) said further: “Allah(swt) becomes wrathful for Fatimah’s anger, and is pleased at her pleasure.”.
Among the signs indicating Fatimah’s exalted status with Allah is an incident related by both Shi’i and Sunni traditionists on the authority of Maymunah (the Holy Prophet’s wife), who reported that Fatimah(a.s.) was found asleep one day, the handmill beside her turning of its own accord. She informed the Apostle of Allah of this, and he said: “Allah knew the weak condition of His handmaid; He thus inspired the handmill to turn by itself, and so it did.” Among the reports asserting her excellence and high distinction over all other women is the tradition reported on the authority of `A’ishah who said: “I never saw a man more beloved of the Apostle of Allah than `Ali(a.s.), or a woman more dear to him than Fatimah(a.s.).”
Sunni traditionists also reported on the authority of the Commander of the Faithful Imam Ali(a.s.)who said: “I asked the Messenger of Allah, `Who is more beloved to you, Fatimah(a.s.) or I?’ He answered, `Fatimah(a.s.) is more beloved to me, and you are dearer to me than she is.’ ” These traditionists also reported from Anas ibn Malik that: “Fatimah(a.s.) is the most excellent of all the women of the world.” In another tradition it is reported that the Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) said: “The most excellent among the women of the world are: Maryam daughter of `Imran (that is, the virgin Mary), Asiyah daughter of Muzahim (wife of Pharaoh), Khadijah daughter of Khuwaylid and Fatimah(a.s.) daughter of Muhammad(pbuh&hf)” It is also related on the authority of Ibn `Abbas who said: “The most excellent of the women of Paradise are: Khadijah daughter of Khuwaylid, Fatimah(a.s.) daughter of Muhammad, Maryam daughter of `Imran and Asiyah daughter of Muzahim.” Traditionists report that `Abdu ‘r-Rahman ibn `Awf said: “I heard the Apostle of Allah say, `I am a tree, Fatimah(a.s.) is its trunk and ‘Ali(a.s.) is its pollen. Hasan(a.s.) and Husayn(a.s.) are its fruits, and our followers (Shi’ah) are its leaves. The roots of the tree are in the Garden of Eden, and its trunk, fruits and leaves are in Paradise.’ ”
Traditionists further report on the authority of `A’ishah that: “Whenever Fatimah(a.s.) came to the Messenger of Allah, he would rise from his seat, kiss her on the forehead, and make her sit with him.” Traditionists have also reported on the authority of ‘Ali ibn Ibrahim al-Qommi in his commentary of the Holy Qur’an, as related on the authority of the sixth Imam as-Sadiq, Ja’far ibn Muhammad(a.s.), who said: “The Prophet used to kiss Fatima (sa) much so Aaisha got angry at this and said to the Prophet (sa): You kiss Fatima a lot. So the Prophet said Oh! Aaisha When I was taken to Meraaj I entered the Paradise. The Jibraeel took me close to the tree of Tuba and made me eat from its fruit. So I ate from its fruit. So when I returned to Earth Khadija conceived Fatima. So I do not kiss her but because I smell the fragrance of the tree of Tuba from her”
The traditions which our Companions (that is, Shi’i hadith transmitters), may Allah be pleased with them, have reported in proof of Fatimah’s special place – her honoured status and distinction over all the women of humankind – are beyond number. We shall, therefore, limit ourselves to the reports which we have already mentioned.
Among the things which Allah completed the great honour of the Commander of the Faithful Imam Ali(a.s.)in this world and the world to come was His special favour towards him in having him unite in marriage with the noble daughter of the Messenger of Allah, who was the most beloved of all creatures to him, the consolation of his eyes and leader of the women of the world. Among the many ahadith (traditions) concerning this event is the sound hadith reported on the authority of Anas ibn Malik, who said: “As the Apostle of Allah(pbuh&hf) was sitting one day, ‘Ali(a.s.) came to see him. He addressed him saying, `O ‘Ali(a.s.), what brings you here?’ `I came only to greet you with the salutation of peace’, `Ali(a.s.) replied. The Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) declared: `Here comes Gabriel to tell me that Allah has willed to unite you in marriage with Fatimah(a.s.). He has, moreover, called as witnesses to her marriage a thousand angels. Allah has revealed to the tree of Tuba, “Scatter your pearls and rubies! ” Black-eyed houris rushed to pick the precious stones up, which they shall exchange as presents among them till the Day of Resurrection.’ ”
It is related on the authority of Ibn `Abbas, who said: “On the night when Fatimah(a.s.) was married to ‘Ali(a.s.), the Messenger of Allah(pbuh&hf) stood before her. Gabriel stood at her right hand and Michael at her left. Seventy thousand angels stood behind her, praising and sanctifying Allah. The Commander of the Faithful prided himself on his marriage to her on numerous occasions.” Abu Ishaq ath-Thaqafi reported on the authority of Hakim ibn Jubayr, who reported from al-Hajari who related from his uncle who said: “I heard `Ali(a.s.) say one day, `I shall utter words which no other man would utter but that he would be a liar. I am `Abdullah (Allah’s servant), and the brother of the Apostle of Allah. I am the one whose guardian is the Prophet of mercy, for I have married the mistress of all the women of the community. I am the best of the vicegerents.’ ” Numerous reports expressing similar ideas have been transmitted.
Ath -Thaqafi reported on the authority of Buraydah, who said: “On the nuptial night of `Ali(a.s.) and Fatimah(a.s.), the Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) said to ‘Ali(a.s.), `Do not do anything until you see me.’ He then brought water – or the traditionist reported that he called for water – which he used to perform his ablutions for prayers, pouring the rest over ‘Ali(a.s.). The Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) then prayed, `O Allah, bless them! Shower your blessings over them, and bless for them their two young lions (that is, their two sons Hasan(a.s.) and Husayn(a.s.)).”‘ ath-Thaqafi also related on the authority of Shurahil ibn Abi Sa’d, who said: “On the morning after Fatimah’s wedding, the Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) brought a skinful of milk, and said to Fatimah(a.s.), ‘Drink! May your father be a ransom for you.’ He likewise said to `Ali(a.s.), ‘Drink! May your cousin be a ransom for you.’ ”
The Time Of Fatimah’s Martyrdom And The Spot Of Her Grave
It is reported that Bibi Fatimah(s.a.) died on the 13th Jamadi-al-Awwal or 3rd of Jumadi-al-Akhir in the 11th year of the Hijrah. She survived the Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) by only ninety-five days.
The Commander of the Faithful Imam Ali(a.s.) himself took charge of her washing. It is reported that Asma’ daughter of `Umays assisted him in washing her. Asma’ related: “Fatimah(a.s.) had stated in her will that no one should wash her corpse except ‘Ali(a.s.) and I. Thus we washed her together, and the Commander of the Faithful prayed over her along with Hasan(a.s.) and Husayn(a.s.), `Amman ibn Yasir, Miqdad, `Aqil, az-Zubayr, Abu Dharr, Salman, Buraydah and a few men of Banu Hashim. They prayed over her in the night, and in accordance with her own will ‘Ali the Commander of the Faithful buried her in secret.”
There is much disagreement among traditionists as to the exact spot of her grave. Our own traditionists have asserted that she was buried in the Baqi `. Others said that she was buried in her own chamber, and that when the Umayyad rulers enlarged the Mosque of Medina, her grave came to be in the sanctuary. Still others argued that she was buried between the grave and pulpit of the Prophet. It is to this that the Holy Prophet(pbuh&hf) alluded in his saying: “There is between my grave and pulpit a garden of the gardens of Paradise.” The first view is unlikely, while the two other views are nearer to the truth. Thus, those who wish to apply the principle of caution (ihtiyat) when performing ziyarah, or pilgrimage, to her grave, should do so in all three places.
Sayings of Hadrat Fatima Zahra(s.a.)
1. Praise and Eulogy is for Allah for the blessing and bounties which He has bestowed. And thanks to HIM upon what He revelated (to His servants) And Praise is for HIM upon the common boons and blessings which He bestowed upon His servants without their request And upon the comprehensive and complete blessings which He granted to all and sundry and gave it to us, consequetively. Those graces and favours which are uncountable.
And are irredeemable and uncompensatable due to their plentifulness of number. And the imagination of their end is out of the reach of human mind.
He invited the servant to thankfuness for the sake of the consequetive and continous enhanecment of blessings. And opened the door of euloqy and Praise (of Allah) upon them so that He may make his favours and beneficiences great and plentiful for them.
2. I testify that there is no Diety (Lord) except the sole and matchless Allah. And the testification of the singleness of Allah is a word that Allah has declared sincerity (as) it’s reality, and made the hearts the centre of it’s contact and union. And has made the specifications and research of the oneness of Allah’s station obvious and evident in the light of meditation. The Allah Who can not be seen by the eyes and tongues are unable and baffled to describe His virtues and attributes. And the intelligence and apprehension of man is helpless and destitude from the imagination of his howness.
3. Allah made all the beings without previous matter and sample and shape and pattern. And made them wear the dress of life by His main and mights and created them according to His Devine will and Intention short of it that He might have neeeded their creatlon or have wished any benefit for Himself from their shaping and sketching except this that he wanted to give a proof of Hls wisdom and make the people (creations) aware about His obedience and submisslon and invited them to his servitude and worship and make His Invitation grand and ostentatlous.
4. Allah fixed the reward for His obedience and torment for His insubordination and disobedience so that He may restraln His servants from His wrath and fury and lead them to His paradise.
5. And I testify that my father Mohammad (pbuh&hf) is the apostle and the servant of Allah. And Allah selected and chose him before appolnting him at the post of Prophethood. And He named him before choosing and selecting him. And chose him before envoying and delegating him. Then all the creations were hidden and covered in the covers of unseen and were hidden amid the screen and curtain of fear and fright and stayed near the last and final border of non entity (nothingness) for Allah was aware of and knew the end of matters and because of Hls encompassing the incidents of times and ages and His knowledge of the predestinates.
Allah appolnted him (as apostle) so that he may complete and finalise His matter and Implement His order and materialise His decreeds and predestinates.
6. Allah saw nations and groups had various different sects in their religion and scattered and staying on the verge of the fires of differences, busy with the their idol worshipping. They denied God with all the signs and symbols of HIM. (IRFAN) So Allah illuminated the darknesses through my father Mohammad (pbuh&hf) and removed the darknesses from their hearts, removed (cured) the blindness of the eyes.
7. My father (Mohammad (pbuh&hf) ) stood up with (his) guidance among the people. And saved them from perversion and aberration, and turned their blindness into enlightenment and guided them towards the firm religion. And called (invited) them to the straight way.
8. You the servants of Allah, are the ones to maintain His injunctions and prohibitions, and the carriers of His religion, and His relevation, and the trustees of Allah upon your souls, and the propagators of His religion among the other nations.
9. Oh the servants of Allah! (beware) the real leader from Allah, is present among you and the commitment has previously been made to you and the remaining and left over of the prophet hood has been appointed for your guidance.
That is the speaking book of Allah the truthful Quran, and a beaming and gleaming light, in which all the secrets and facts about the completion of man and his prosperity have been exhibited and illuminated. It guides from darkness towards light of guidance. It s followers are the subject of envoy of others.
10. The book of Allah is the guide of it’s followers towards the pleasure of Allah. Listening (carefully) to it leads to the salvation. The enlightened and conspicous evidences and proofs of Allah can be obtained through it. And (also the knowledge) of His interpreted intentions and fear invoking constraining prohibitions. His sufficing testimonies and conspicous arguments, and desired virtues and allowed endowments and gifts and obligatory devine laws. (can be obtained from it)
11. Allah made the faith for you as a purity from polytheism (and infedility).
12. And (made) service the cause of your getting distant (purification) from pride (egoism).
13. And rendered alms for the purity of your soul and flourishment and expansion of your sustenence.
14. And rendered fasting for the maintainance and firmness of your sincerity.
15. And Allah set Hajj for the consolidation and reinforcement of the religion.
16. Allah executed and rendered justice for the sake of putting together and harmonization of the hearts.
17. And (Allah set) the subordination and obedience of us (the houshold of the Prophet (SAW)) for the security of society’s system and our Immamate as a safety from seggregation and disunity).
18. And (Allah made) Jahad (holy war), the honour and glory for Islam and abjectness and humbleness for the infidels and the hypocrites.
19. And (Allah rendered) patience as a help for getting reward.
20. And (Allah caused) commanding goodness and forbiding to do evil for the amendment and correction of society and the common folks (public).
21. And (Allah made) the kindness to parents as a protectional (shield) to His wrath and displeasure.
22. And Allah made joining and connecting with the kinship and cognition, the cause of lengthening of life.
23.A nd Allah made law of retaliation (revenge for homicide) as the security of blood (from being shed).
24. And Allah executed the vow performing as a medium for forgiveness.
25. And (Allah rendered) the correct use of weights measure (units) a medium for stoping from selling less (than actual).
26. And (Allah rendered) prohibition from drinking wine the cause of taking distance from contaminations (evils).
27. And Allah made the prohibition to accuse someone of adultery a protection (shield) for avoiding (His) curse.
28. And (Allah made) refraining from theft for the sake of positiveness and affirmation for modesty.
29. And Allah prohibited polytheism for the sake of (bringing about) sincerety in (His) adoration and worship.
30. Certainly, an apostle has come to you from among yourselves; grievous to him is your falling into distress, excessively solictious respecting you; to the believers (he is) compassionate, merciful.
So if you assay and recognise him you will find he is my father not the father of your women and the brother of my cousin, Ali (a.s.) not that of your men. And how nice a relation I have to him. So he propagated his prophetic (mission). He always used to turn his face from the polytheists.
And fought against them till he beat them up. He would invite people towards Allah by wisdom, and beautiful admonition. He broke the idols and scattered the aggregation of polytheists in a way that they ran away (from the battle fields), so that finally the hidden secret of oneness of Allah became manifested by him.
And he made the logic of religion reach the ears ((of the people) and settled down the foam of the camels of satan and turned the salogan yelling of those devils silent. And downed the agents of hypocrisy and mutual commitments of the infidels got dissolved till such time that, you (people) spoke to a group of enlightened and modest men with the words of oneness of Allah and sincerity.
31. You were on the edge of a fire ditch, and were a cup of drink and the morsal of a greedy one and a firebrand of every hastey one and were being trampled on (by other nations) and drank from the contaminated waters gathered over in ditches and your energy (food) was (secured by) the leaves of trees and desert grass. And for your abjectness and abasement you were always afraid that those arround you might abduct you in the winking of an eye. So, Allah liberated you (of these misfortunes) through my father Mohammed (pbuh&hf). Inspite of it that he (pbuh&hf) was involved and at war against the intrepid and the hungry wolves of Arab and the stubborns refractories of the people of the books (Jews and Christians). Whenever his opponents would lit the fire of war, Allah extinguished it to your benefit.
32. Imam Hassan (A.S) said, ‘on the friday night I saw my mother (Fatima (a.s.)) standing in her arch of prayer. She was continuously kneeling and performing prostration till the dawn broke. I would hear her pray for the faithful men and women, but she did not at all pray for herself. I said, ‘Oh mother why did you not pray for yourself like you prayed for others?’ so she replied, ‘Oh my son, first thy neighbour and there after your own house.’
33. The Holy Prophet (pbuh&hf) said to Fatima (a.s.) what is the thing which is a blessing for woman?’
She said that, ‘she must not see a man (stranger and not intimate) and a man must not see her.’
34. One day a lady came to Fatima (a.s.) said ‘I have a weak old mother who does not know a few problems about her service (prayers). She has sent me towards you to question you (about them). Thus Fatima(a.s.) answered her (questions). And the number of her queries reached to ten and Fatima (a.s.) replied to all her questions. Then she (the woman got a shamed because of the high number of her questions. And said, ‘Oh daughter of the Prophet (pbuh&hf), ‘I do not put you to more inconvinience than this.’
Fatima (a.s.) said, ‘Ask me what you do not know. Have you ever seen a person who is one day hired to carry a heavy thing to the roof top from ground for an amount (equal to) a thousand dinnars (nearly a hundred thousand miskal (unit of weight) of gold) and he may feel himself tired.’
She said ‘No’. Fatima (a.s.) said, ‘I have been hired by Allah to get a wages which if the space between the earth and sky is filled up with pearls still (That wages) would he more than it for each of the questions I may answer you. Therefore, I deserve it that I must not feel tired exhausted.
35. Oh Allah! belittle me in my eyes and glorify and magnify Your station to me. And inspire me (about) Your obedience and the practice which may cause Your pleasure and the shunning and evading from things (matters) which are the cause of Your wrath, oh the most merciful of all! 36.
36. Oh Allah! content me with the sustenence you have granted me. And till such time that you keep me alive, hide me and make me sound and prosperous. And forgive me and take pity upon me when I die. (During death process). Oh Allah! do not help me in something that you have not predestined for me. And facilitate the achievement of that thing which you have predestined for me.
37. Oh Allah! bestow upon my parents and all those persons who have rights of their blessings and beneficiences upon me, the best of Your rewards. Oh my Allah, spare me the leisure and respite for the object for which You have created me. And do not let me be busy and involved (absolutely) in my commitments. And do not torment me when I ask forgivensess. And do not deprive me of what I yearn and question you for.
38. Underlying are the rhymes which Hazrat Zahra(s.a.) recited upon the mourning of Prophet’s (pbuh&hf) demise.
The person who smells the sweet fragnance of the grave of the Holy Prophet (pbuh&hf) so what if he does not smell any other fragnance for long times to come?
Agonies and anguishes and griefs poured upon me in such a way that had they poured upon days those would have turned into nights. (bleak, dark and bewildering).
39. The dust of sorrow covered the space of sky and the sun has faded and the bright day turned bleak. The earth has become dark and gooomy after the death of the Prophet (pbuh&hf) Woe! Alas! what the earth will have much of Jolting upon being seperated and parted from him (pbuh&hf).
It is meritorious and befitting that the east and west of the world may weep upon the parting of Prophet (pbuh&hf) and the persons of Muzzir tribe and all of they rest of the Yemen tribes shed tears.
And the great magnificient mountain of the existence and the hidden and covered Kabaah (House of ALLAH) and its pillars should shed tears.
Oh the terminator and finaliser of the (series of) prophets! the light of whome is the source of blessing for the worlds inhabitants, Be the salutation and blessings of Allah the desender of Holy Quran upon you.
40. Following you (Prophet (pbuh&hf)) inequities (intrigues and revolts) took shape and varient voices were raised so that if you were present and supervising (things) all these differences and deviations would not have taken place.
You set off (on the journey of eternity) from among us and now our condition is like the earth which becomes devoid of the beneficial rains. And your nation upset the order and discipline of matters. So be a witness and do not let their matter get out of your sight.